Thursday, November 27, 2008

Unit 13 - A misunderstanding

A misunderstanding

The other day a friend called me on the phone. He asked me to go out on the weekend, and suddenly the phone rang. I picked it up and said “hold on a moment, I am at the other phone” but both started talking at the same time. On one side my friend asked me to go out, but on the other my mum said “can I talk to you?” so I said “no, hold on” and my friend said “what do you mean no?” and my mum said “who are you talking to?”. I said “to a friend, mum” and my friend said “I can’t understand anything!” “me neither!” I said. My mum asked me what was going on and I told her “nothing. Can I call you later?” and my friend said “yes but are we going out then???” and my mum asked me “is someone there?” “NO!” I shouted. Then my friend told me “ok! But don’t shout at me!”. I was so tired that I shouted “SHUT UP!”
My friend insulted me and then hang up. I told my mom to call later and then called my friend.
“Hey, uuh, listen, I’m sorry about shouting, but I wasn’t shouting at you, my mum was on the other phone and I couldn’t understand anything” and my friend told me “It’s ok” so I finished talking and I went to my room and fell asleep.

No comments: